• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

fertile eggs got too hot

Jesslin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey, So my gravid female finally laid her eggs after 4 stressful days of waiting and digging. She laid 18 plump full healthy eggs, all with very visible veigns and super healthy looking. Last night my house got so hot and I hadnt gotten them into the incubator properly as it was quite late. This morning they seem like they have gotten way too much humidity and heat and some are ever so slightly deflated and they are a bit damp on the bottom (I may have added too much water to the vermiculite.
SO my question is, is there a way to salvage them aside from letting them dry a bit and getting them into the incubator asap or will they be a loss this clutch? I am very new at this, and the breeding wasnt intended both dragons got let out in the house together and, well nature took over.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, I don't know what else you could do except letting them dry out a bit and making sure that the incubator is good. Also I know it has been a while are the eggs okay, did they make it?

Smithy

Hatchling Dragon
Hey, So my gravid female finally laid her eggs after 4 stressful days of waiting and digging. She laid 18 plump full healthy eggs, all with very visible veigns and super healthy looking. Last night my house got so hot and I hadnt gotten them into the incubator properly as it was quite late. This morning they seem like they have gotten way too much humidity and heat and some are ever so slightly deflated and they are a bit damp on the bottom (I may have added too much water to the vermiculite.
SO my question is, is there a way to salvage them aside from letting them dry a bit and getting them into the incubator asap or will they be a loss this clutch? I am very new at this, and the breeding wasnt intended both dragons got let out in the house together and, well nature took over.
I am sorry I did not join this group ages ago. I'm new apologies if I don't get back. But I made a mistake by discarding eggs that had collapsed. Same thing happened, was at work and come inside and it was 35 degrees. All the eggs collapsed so I buried them in a moist location. Only one was there when I investigated three months later. Just husks were left from the others. The two I kept that did not collapse, hatching no problems xcept one was stuck in its shell. The humidity was 68 % so now I have increased the humidity in the second and third clutch had great success. Just recently my Dragons eggs started hatching. Strangely, the one egg I cooked by placing it in a home made incubator with a thermostat, overheating again this one egg blackened and collapsed. But this time I placed it back with the others. And here it is the first one out of its shell. No problem at all. This one was able to exit easily. The best incubator is one with an inbuilt heating and cooling system/ function I discovered. So did they survive? I am unsure what humidity your Dragons requires as they are a much different species if Pogona Dragons that you have over there . I discovered by trial and error and discovered 90 % is best for my Dragons eggs. I am very certain it is because the Male is a Barbata Species and the Female is from the Southern areas that here in Australia, is much cooler and drier than the tropical areas, that have excessive humidity in my view. However the initial advice i received was 68 %. Obviously incorrect, so I wish you all the best in future breeding.

Attachments

• 20201205_022441.jpg
    20201205_022441.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20201205_024151.jpg
    20201205_024151.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201205_024027.jpg
    20201205_024027.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 10