• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

FriezaSama

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all! I have a question regarding feeding schedules for beardie. I know that everyone has a different schedule for their dragons. For example the dragon at the vet clinic I work at I have him on a simple schedule food being provided Monday through Friday with greens being offered everyday and bugs every other day. He is very good about eating his greens and his bugs so that was not an issue at all. HOWEVER...MY OWN DRAGON IS DIFFERENT LOL

Ember, my own bearded dragon is rather finicky with his greens. He is a 15inch long 178gram 5month old male sandfire (I think) Bearded Dragon. He eats his bugs well but he is picky about his greens. His breeder never fed him greens (apparently he only gave the greens to the feeder insects and those guys ate them and then he fed the gut-loaded insects to him and the other dragons). This is probably why he isnt very enthused about his greens. So now It sort of messed up my feeding schedule for him. I know he is young and still needs a good amount of protein but I want him to eat his greens too. The only way he will eat them is if I pretend to hand feed him a worm or dubia and then shove some greens in his mouth as he is chomping on the bug. I also work and go to school so I need to figure a schedule that works for both of us. I plan on offering greens everyday, and only feed him bugs on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. On the bug feeding days I plan on giving him no more than 10 bugs a day (5 in the morning with the greens and 5 in the afternoon). Sundays, Mondays, and Fridays he will only have greens. The problem is, his lack of interest in greens is throwing everything off...so i just wanted to know what are some feeding schedules you guys utilize? I don't want to overfeed but I don't want him to be undersized, I want him to become a big strong robust Bearded Dragon (emphasis on big but within reason so as to not compromise his health)