• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

FriezaSama

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Guys! So i just want to run this feeding schedule by you guys. I read several care sheets and it has come to my attention that I have been under-feeding my Beardie Ember. He is 5 months old, weighs 180 grams and measures about 15in in length as of 10/06/2019. I used to just feed him about 5-8 medium Dubia roaches a day once a day but now I have changed it do 10-12 twice a day everyday (Medium Dubia Roaches). To accommodate by busy work and school schedule I have further modified the schedule. Every day he is offered fresh greens in the morning. On Mondays and Fridays he gets insects feeders (15 Dubias) once a day in the morning (I put them in the food bowl along with his Salad). On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays he is fed insect feeders (10-12 medium sized Dubias) twice a day, once around 9:30/10am and once again around 5:00pm. On some Thursdays I feed him twice a day in regards to insect feedings (10-12 Dubias each time) and other Thursdays where I work longer hours he gets feed insects just once a day (15 medium Dubias). In regards to dusting I dust his insects with herptivite multivitamin by Rep-Cal Mondays and Tuesdays, and then For the rest of the remaining 5 days he gets fed bugs I dust the Dubia roaches with Rep-Cal Calcium Powder with Vit D3. He also gets water daily, I use a small feeding bottle (yorker bottle) and he drinks from that. He still is a BRAT when it comes to his greens. I have to use a FAKEOUT method of teasing him with a bug and then shoving some greens in his face when he opens his mouth. He does tolerate this and will eat some of the greens for a little bit then he will run away. He never goes for the greens in his bowl on his own volition. However, if I offer to hand-feed him greens before he has bugs he will accept a little bit before throwing a tantrum and running to the other side of his tank. Eventually once he is a 1yr old he will be given bugs only once a day and eventually only 3 times a week so I want him to start eating his veggies. His breeder never introduced him to greens or did a piss poor job of doing so because I am STRUGGLING now to get him to do so. Any advice guys? Here he is flattened out and basking like a Pancake:
Ember basking1.JPG
Ember basking 2.JPG
Ember basking1.JPG
Ember basking 2.JPG