• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fat or preggo

Meganann2274

Bearded Dragon Egg
Soooo I bought this bearded dragon from pets mart (I know I know... **** place to get one from but it's a long story how I ended up here...) So I was told he was a male, my son named him Spyro and I'm cool with it ... last week was the first time I got him to eat greens (collard greens to be specific) I have tried strawberries pineapples blueberries blackberries mustard greens cantaloupe mango.... he finally ate collard greens. Also I have to mention this place is very hit or miss when it comes down to crickets so I started getting him super worms... For 2 days he didn't eat last week at all, and he had diarrhea, so I started wondering if you had a parasite....The past couple of days , FINALLY when I came in, the place had crickets so I got him some crickets he has eaten a total of 12 in the past 3 days (which in my opinion isn't much)... No I'm wondering if it isn't parasites is 'he' actually a 'she' and bound with eggs

Attachments

• IMG_20211231_163747728_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211231_163747728_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20211231_163735270_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211231_163735270_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20211226_173434180.jpg
    IMG_20211226_173434180.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20211226_171732148.jpg
    IMG_20211226_171732148.jpg
    921.3 KB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Soooo I bought this bearded dragon from pets mart (I know I know... **** place to get one from but it's a long story how I ended up here...) So I was told he was a male, my son named him Spyro and I'm cool with it ... last week was the first time I got him to eat greens (collard greens to be specific) I have tried strawberries pineapples blueberries blackberries mustard greens cantaloupe mango.... he finally ate collard greens. Also I have to mention this place is very hit or miss when it comes down to crickets so I started getting him super worms... For 2 days he didn't eat last week at all, and he had diarrhea, so I started wondering if you had a parasite....The past couple of days , FINALLY when I came in, the place had crickets so I got him some crickets he has eaten a total of 12 in the past 3 days (which in my opinion isn't much)... No I'm wondering if it isn't parasites is 'he' actually a 'she' and bound with eggs
How old is the dragon? Can you post a pic of the dragons vent please place on a counter top show the vent from back view w/ tail in the air --- I would start getting dubia roaches on line crickets dont do well shipping and pet stores are unreliable for feeders --- super worms are not a staple feeder and he / she will get hooked on them --
this site is very good but are running low on dubias now - www.dubiaroaches.com they did go on Christmas break but you can go here and order as well www.reptilianarts.com they have roaches and silk worms they are another good staple feeder but spendy I would set up a 10 gallon aquarium order 200 roaches make sure you order the size NO bigger than the space between his eyes length wise you can feed the roaches dubia food along w/ dubia dew and feed them stuff the dragon eats -- -- Spyro is going thru relocation stress so his eating is going to be off - as long as hes eating thats good its when they stop there is a issue
Please go over his lighting - this is crucial to his/ her eating overall health and behavior
UVB NO coils if your using one please get rid of it and get a long tube fixture I can help w/ that I can post links for websites and fixtures let me know
Basking temps 95-100 for a juvie / adult dragon those need to be surface temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons please
basking bulb needs to be a CLEAR bright white bulb like a Exo Terra Intense basking bulb or a Zoo Med Repti basking bulb NO colored NO off white or yellowish NO Daytime bulbs they have a coating on them called Neoyidium that hurts the eyes -------------