• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fake grass

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
My dragon likes to sleep on tiles lining his tank. Heat comes from a hanging lamp when needed so he is not on the tiles for extra heat. Thinking about putting a small patch of fake grass. Just so it’s a little softer. Has anyone tried that before?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
My dragon likes to sleep on tiles lining his tank. Heat comes from a hanging lamp when needed so he is not on the tiles for extra heat. Thinking about putting a small patch of fake grass. Just so it’s a little softer. Has anyone tried that before?
I personally haven’t used it, but ive seen it, it needs to be cleaned very throughly every time ur beardie poos, other than them being hard to clean i dont see a problem with them.

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
I personally haven’t used it, but ive seen it, it needs to be cleaned very throughly every time ur beardie poos, other than them being hard to clean i dont see a problem with them.
Gonna buy 2 (12x12) pieces so I can switch them out when 1 is being cleaned. I’ll post some pics later.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thats a good idea! definitely have back ups.
Gonna buy 2 (12x12) pieces so I can switch them out when 1 is being cleaned. I’ll post some pics later.
If u notice that the blades point straight up and they’re causing problems (the plastic blades getting underneath ur beardies scales, i can imagine that being uncomfortable for him) u can place it outside in the sun for an hour or two, after it warms up lay something heavy and flat on it.

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
Thats a good idea! definitely have back ups.

If u notice that the blades point straight up and they’re causing problems (the plastic blades getting underneath ur beardies scales, i can imagine that being uncomfortable for him) u can place it outside in the sun for an hour or two, after it warms up lay something heavy and flat on it.
There’s at least 3 different styles at the store. Plan to get the shortest and softest.

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
So the hardware stores want you to purchase 12feet of fake grass. I just wanted 2 small pieces. I went to Menards and the employee said “just grab some free samples”. They are about 6”x4”. I grabbed 4 he said take them all if you want. Lol. Free grass if anyone wants to try it for substrate. The stuff I got is pet friendly and heat resistant.

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
If you really want soft, give a piece of plush fleece that can be quickly and easily disinfected and rinsed. We use walmart's $5.00 plush blankets cut to size. You could put a few inches of playsand down too.

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
If you really want soft, give a piece of plush fleece that can be quickly and easily disinfected and rinsed. We use walmart's $5.00 plush blankets cut to size. You could put a few inches of playsand down too.
Sewed them together. Didn’t take long.

Attachments

• C4BF4137-2479-424B-92BD-167E132C1E98.jpeg
    C4BF4137-2479-424B-92BD-167E132C1E98.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • ED4AEAC3-5173-4C44-82D1-18B84E99BBE4.jpeg
    ED4AEAC3-5173-4C44-82D1-18B84E99BBE4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Wonderful, i was hoping itd be that kind, and not the hard one, ur beardy Perturbed though lol.

Dr. D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Just a thought in the desert not alot of grass but a bunch of warm rocks maybe he likes it. If it's not broke don't fix it.