• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure Temperature

Hossinn

Hatchling Dragon
I don’t know why but I seem to be getting inconsistent temperatures.

The probe (shown in picture) is reading 108-109 degrees. Sometimes it’s 104-105.

when I just checked the same spot with infrared gun it was giving a reading of 114.

The log where Tabaluga is basking reads 90ish with infrared.

Tabaluga often basks on the upper level. Is it okay (assuming the upper level may be too hot), if Tabaluga knows to move to a different spot like he has in this picture?
A6976DF7-197D-44EC-9E68-D6C776523BA6.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don’t know why but I seem to be getting inconsistent temperatures.

The probe (shown in picture) is reading 108-109 degrees. Sometimes it’s 104-105.

when I just checked the same spot with infrared gun it was giving a reading of 114.

The log where Tabaluga is basking reads 90ish with infrared.

Tabaluga often basks on the upper level. Is it okay (assuming the upper level may be too hot), if Tabaluga knows to move to a different spot like he has in this picture?View attachment 30066
Go by the probe - set it where he sits for basking and check different spots to get accurate temps-- he's going to sit where he is most comfortable- it's a good thing to get different temps or gradient temps