• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure Opinions

Hossinn

Hatchling Dragon
Hello.

D17230D1-7657-45AD-A264-13A660A55C02.jpeg
In general, how does Tabaluga’s enclosure look? He’s 7 months old. Is it time to add a hide? I heard it is a good idea to NOT have a hide in juvenile’s enclosure but perhaps he’s old enough now…? If I do add a hide, I think I will need to take something else out. He generally stays where his log is on left side. Not sure if hide generally goes on cool side or hot side. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him hang out on cool side, but there isn’t much there.

Thank you.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello.

View attachment 29825In general, how does Tabaluga’s enclosure look? He’s 7 months old. Is it time to add a hide? I heard it is a good idea to NOT have a hide in juvenile’s enclosure but perhaps he’s old enough now…? If I do add a hide, I think I will need to take something else out. He generally stays where his log is on left side. Not sure if hide generally goes on cool side or hot side. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him hang out on cool side, but there isn’t much there.

Thank you.
Please get him a hide --- he should of had one a long time ago --

Hossinn

Hatchling Dragon
Please get him a hide --- he should of had one a long time ago --
Oh shoot, I will, immediately. I thought it was recommended to not have a hide till a little older. Is there a recommended product for dragon?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh shoot, I will, immediately. I thought it was recommended to not have a hide till a little older. Is there a recommended product for dragon?
Look at PetSmart they have nice decor - I recommend NO hubba huts too hard to clean

Hossinn

Hatchling Dragon
I just received a large corner hide https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/ha...2WjTGrCcfTDLh6cX_RHJM7zPkzSuJIKBoC8GoQAvD_BwE

Where do you suggest I place it in the enclosure (see photo at beginning of thread)? Tabaluga spends 90% of his time on the hot side of the tank (where he is in picture). I don't want to screw up the vibe that he's used to, if I need to rearrange the logs he usually basks on, but I'm afraid if I put the hide on the cool side it will never get used.