• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dubia roaches for baby?

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
my baby oliver is about three months old and i’ve been feeding him crickets which he seems to enjoy. my mom HATES that i have crickets in my room. i want her to be comfortable around ollie and in my room so i’ve been thinking about trying dubia roaches (saw someone else on here call them beetles which i may have to use for my mom lol). are they okay for young bearded dragons? or should i keep him on crickets for a little while? if so, how many should i feed him in comparison to crickets? thanks so much!

here’s some pictures of him hehe

Attachments

• D7C265FE-3596-49A9-96D1-36CD2436535F.jpeg
    D7C265FE-3596-49A9-96D1-36CD2436535F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • ADF377DD-96C2-4DFA-8FB9-9E854C6D3E32.jpeg
    ADF377DD-96C2-4DFA-8FB9-9E854C6D3E32.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Dubia are great feeders for beardies of all ages. They can be purchased in various sizes. I let mine eat as much as he wants. What he doesn't finish after about 10 minutes I take out, put in a small container with some food, and offer to him later or the next day.

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Dubia are great feeders for beardies of all ages. They can be purchased in various sizes. I let mine eat as much as he wants. What he doesn't finish after about 10 minutes I take out, put in a small container with some food, and offer to him later or the next day.
thanks so much! when i’m out of crickets i’ll get some :) can i get them at petco? or should i order online?

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
I'm not positive on petco, I know most petsmarts carry them. Otherwise there are a bunch of online places to get them. Personally long term i'd consider starting your own colony. I did, and it's growing like crazy. Haven't started pulling from it yet, want it to get higher in numbers.