• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon newbie

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello all at the forums. Was just at the local pet shop and they have baby bearded dragons for sale. These are such majestic creatures. I’m at the point where I want to commit to buying one. Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks so much.glad to be here.

Blaise

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got this beardie back in late July of 2019, she hasn’t grown what so ever, she has a T5 10.0 UVB hood light, two CHEs since her tank is long, 1 basking bulb, a couple hide, a food dish, a hammock, and a tree that she loves to climb and sleep in. She is 7 inches long and has not grown. Is there something I can do? Help. This picture is just a close up. She also eat crickets and I’m trying to get her to eat some veggies and fruits. So far she’s eaten a couple blueberries and a few apples slices. I have only seen her shed once in the past seven months.
BB78C2D5-9D5C-412E-9F89-8F3EEFB17808.jpeg

Blaise

Bearded Dragon Egg
I give her a bath quite often, her uvb is on top of the tank which is about 20” tall, I do put droplets of water on her nose, her basking temp sits at about 96°F, and I am taking the temps with a digital thermometer.

Blaise

Bearded Dragon Egg
I should have been more specific, the tank itself is about 20” tall, the uvb is about 8 inches away from the basking spot. The screen is thin and made of a light metal. I try to feed her fruits and veggies but she is stubborn and won’t eat them. The uvb is a 36” T5 10.0 UVB hood light.

Blaise

Bearded Dragon Egg
The uvb is on top of the mesh and it’s 36” long while the tank is 48” long, the closest she gets to basking is by lying down on one of the leaves of the tree that is right below the hammock, the leaves she lay on are basically touching the bottom of the hammock. I will check out the websites. She’ll eat about 10-15 crickets dusted in calcium. Yes she is very active in her tank. She does not seem to act lethargic. She also does not often like to eat food out of a food dish unless they are crickets. For the veggies and fruits I got some bee pollen, which people often tell me to use because it will help get her to eat the fruits or veggies.

Blaise

Bearded Dragon Egg
CFD17974-35A1-42EC-88B6-77EEAD0C2720.jpeg
6BC3F915-9EBA-4A14-8EBB-E80DAA4DB493.jpeg
From where she typically sits which is right under her basking spot I’d say the uvb is maybe 8 1/2” from where she typically likes to be near the basking spot. This is the net. This was her previous setup. I just changed it up the other day but this is what the net looks like with this tree right under neath the net. Don’t mind the circle around the tail.

Blaise

Bearded Dragon Egg
Alright, how do you suggest I rearrange the tank? she definitely enjoys the space

Blaise

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have not moved the uvb as I also don’t have anything to hold it up with, the uvb is still on top of the tank, it’s the long bar on top of the tank in the picture of the full tank. I need to replace the basking bulb as it burnt out two days ago, are there any bulbs you would recommend me to get to provide more heat to bring the temps up to 110°? It only sits around 90-96.5°

Blaise

Bearded Dragon Egg
I had a 100 watt basking bulb from petco. The only problem is that the fixture I had the bulb in can have a mass of 100watt