• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon doesn’t eat

Dawn1958

Bearded Dragon Egg
My Beardie “Beast” is a year old and doesn’t eat that much if at all. His cage is a 40 gallon and has a 150 watt heat lamp and Fluorescent Ubv light inside his cage. The hot side is around 110 degrees and cool side around 80 degrees. He has a reptile carpet on the bottom. I feed him an assortment of green veggies and fruit daily along with a couple super worms and dubia roaches. He doesn’t move around much even when we take him out of his cage. I thought he was in brumation but he’s not snapping out of it. It’s been a few months now. I have a vet appointment in a few weeks but wanted your feedback. The last time he pooped it was not white on the end but more light brown. Any ideas?

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My Beardie “Beast” is a year old and doesn’t eat that much if at all. His cage is a 40 gallon and has a 150 watt heat lamp and Fluorescent Ubv light inside his cage. The hot side is around 110 degrees and cool side around 80 degrees. He has a reptile carpet on the bottom. I feed him an assortment of green veggies and fruit daily along with a couple super worms and dubia roaches. He doesn’t move around much even when we take him out of his cage. I thought he was in brumation but he’s not snapping out of it. It’s been a few months now. I have a vet appointment in a few weeks but wanted your feedback. The last time he pooped it was not white on the end but more light brown. Any ideas?
Great name! I'm not an expert, but I think I remember seeing posts that recommend basking temps be lower for sub-adult/adult beardies. Like at 90-95.?.? Maybe that was just for adults. As adults they should eat about 80% veges, 20% bugs, so sounds like that's what beast is getting. Perhaps he needs a bigger tank? Peeps here say that adults should be in at least a 75 gallon tank. I'm pretty sure that not a lot of white may be due to dehydration. Depends on what you mean by not a lot of white. Maybe post pic of his poo?

He could still be brumating, I think. I remember reading that not all beardies go into deep brumation and some may eat and move around a little during. Glad you have a vet appointment. Vet should be able to determine if it's brumation or if something is wrong. Hope your guy is ok.