• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon banging on the glass door

joshua123

Hatchling Dragon
My dragon has never done this before and recently he keeps knocking on the glass door and making a mess of the whole place, Any reason why?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Could be a number of things..He could want more time out of his enclosure, he's a boy :) if he's seeing things he wants to investigate, it's warmer weather (depending on where you are) he may becoming of age and he want's to find a mate....

joshua123

Hatchling Dragon
Could be a number of things..He could want more time out of his enclosure, he's a boy :) if he's seeing things he wants to investigate, it's warmer weather (depending on where you are) he may becoming of age and he want's to find a mate....
He is a male about a year old.. It's always 30+ degree at where I am

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Coming of age would be my bet, and he want's to explore. Males are more outgoing busy bodies..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So should I just let him out n explore??
Do you take him out on leash or in a safe room? I have a room that is escape proof and safe from eating anything.. I also have a zippered food tent so I can take my 2 outside in their little tents to soak up some sun and check out what's outside.

joshua123

Hatchling Dragon
Do you take him out on leash or in a safe room? I have a room that is escape proof and safe from eating anything.. I also have a zippered food tent so I can take my 2 outside in their little tents to soak up some sun and check out what's outside.
I just let him run freely in the house but my tiles are damm smooth so he can't really walk around lol he looks like he is Swimming

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well at least he's out and getting some exercise and getting rid of some energy.. :) do you give him outside time too?
1 hour out = 8 under lighting

joshua123

Hatchling Dragon
well at least he's out and getting some exercise and getting rid of some energy.. :) do you give him outside time too?
1 hour out = 8 under lighting
well.. I live in an apartment so I can't really bring him out as the outside is downstairs the block lol and dragons r not allowed here

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah ok any nice sunny window ledges? lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My male always runs around his tank, he just wants to get out and play. I would lay some towels on the floor or get some yoga mats so he has a few places that he can grip on the floor. Not sure if they have these where you live but there is a store called Five Below where everything is $5 and less, and they had these thin porch/picnic rugs that would have been perfect for beardies to play on.

joshua123

Hatchling Dragon
My male always runs around his tank, he just wants to get out and play. I would lay some towels on the floor or get some yoga mats so he has a few places that he can grip on the floor. Not sure if they have these where you live but there is a store called Five Below where everything is $5 and less, and they had these thin porch/picnic rugs that would have been perfect for beardies to play on.
We have 1 dollar shop where everything is Only a dollar haha. Ok will try n look for those, thanks !

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yeah, any kind of long mat that you can lay on the floor that they can use to grip on will work.