• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Diet = good?

acethedragonguy

Juvenile Dragon
Kale, waxworms. That's really it.
I refill her kale whenever its eaten and spray it in water first, sometimes I put it in with water in the same dish (is that ok?)
Waxworms every 3-4 days, atleast 10 of them.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I refill her kale whenever its eaten and spray it in water first, sometimes I put it in with water in the same dish (is that ok?)
Please find a staple feeder like crickets BSFL dubia roaches I recommend them or silk worms - waxworms are too fatty and long term use and over feeding will / can cause liver damage - kale is good but I would mix it in w/ some other greens
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a great staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Jprice21

Hatchling Dragon
That will kill him not being rude but there is a bit of fat in waxworms they also eat veggies crickets dubia roaches hornworms flukers grasshoppers are good as well alot of other healthier not as fatty options theyre only aupposed to have 4 wax worms a day max

acethedragonguy

Juvenile Dragon
That will kill him not being rude but there is a bit of fat in waxworms they also eat veggies crickets dubia roaches hornworms flukers grasshoppers are good as well alot of other healthier not as fatty options theyre only aupposed to have 4 wax worms a day max
Hm, the bottle says low fat

Jprice21

Hatchling Dragon
Hm, the bottle says low fat
Maybe but most of the time they are much fattier than other worms and crickets grasshoppers dubia roaches etc those are good at 4 times a day not too mention 8 wax worms might not even get him full depending on how big he or she is

BengalGirl

Hatchling Dragon
I think you need to add variety to your Beardie's diet. The more varied, the healthier it will be. I feed mine collard, turnip, and mustard greens, kale, fresh parsley and cilantro, green beans, snap peas, carrots, red bell pepper, yellow squash, cucumber...I have found he's not a fan of fruits. Which is fine cause he doesn't really need them.

Expanding his live diet would also be a good idea. Dubia roaches are an excellent staple feeder. Others like superworms, hornworms, waxworms...are good occasionally.

acethedragonguy

Juvenile Dragon
I think you need to add variety to your Beardie's diet. The more varied, the healthier it will be. I feed mine collard, turnip, and mustard greens, kale, fresh parsley and cilantro, green beans, snap peas, carrots, red bell pepper, yellow squash, cucumber...I have found he's not a fan of fruits. Which is fine cause he doesn't really need them.

Expanding his live diet would also be a good idea. Dubia roaches are an excellent staple feeder. Others like superworms, hornworms, waxworms...are good occasionally.
Alright! I'm heading to get grocries soon. And we can only feed her worms, sadly, so is there any worms that can be in a full-time diet?

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
Alright! I'm heading to get grocries soon. And we can only feed her worms, sadly, so is there any worms that can be in a full-time diet?
My beardie won't eat crickets either, i cant get roaches,
So my guy has full veggies and superworms.
He gets 5 or 6 a day and then salad and if he doesn't eat his salad, no more worms.
I keep hearing they should be 90 %veg when they are adults, but try telling that to my dragon. Just make sure your giving him a variety of greens dandelions saved me he likes them, but do super worms if you can get them,

acethedragonguy

Juvenile Dragon
My beardie won't eat crickets either, i cant get roaches,
So my guy has full veggies and superworms.
He gets 5 or 6 a day and then salad and if he doesn't eat his salad, no more worms.
I keep hearing they should be 90 %veg when they are adults, but try telling that to my dragon. Just make sure your giving him a variety of greens dandelions saved me he likes them, but do super worms if you can get them,
Noted! I will try to get my hands on some superworms. I got some dandelion greens and cucumber from the grocery store-- her old owner said they are her favorite!

PearlJ

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is not great for a juvenile or an adult. Juveniles should get 80% insects and 20% greens/vegetables/fruit, and close to a year transitioning to 50-50, and then 80% greens/vegetables/fruit and 20% insects. Kale provides little nutritional value but is very good for water intake. Beardies require a variety in their diet, for both insects and otherwise. Going on YouTube and watching videos on beardie diets has really helped me. If you find that your bearded dragon won’t eat their salads, try toppers such as flower toppers, salad dressing (FOR REPTILES), bee pollen, etc. My bearded dragon was very similar, so just make sure to do research on tank size, heating/UVB, substrate, baths, diet, etc.