• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Diet advice

MybeardieMushu

Hatchling Dragon
Yes you can hand feed the worms use as many as you want they are a great staple feeder they are small do not dust them they are calcium enriched- www.symptonbsf.com you will need a glass or ceramic bowl so they cannot get out--- I am going to post more websites for insects / worms later-
OK so I got the T8 10.0 UVB bulb and I got super worms and a probe thermometer

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What temperature should her tank be at
There should be 3 temps in the tank 80's during the day cool side 90's middle of tank and 105-110 basking temp-- tank should not fall below 65 at nite -- and be above 75 at nite -- T 8 needs to go inside the tank w/ NO clear plastic cover over the bulb directly above basking decor piece 6-8 inches --- here are some things to hang w/ 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- potted plane wire hangers and this is what I use it works great looks like Velcro straps - https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
after you get everything situated please post a pic of the tank if you need more help or have questions please post

MybeardieMushu

Hatchling Dragon
There should be 3 temps in the tank 80's during the day cool side 90's middle of tank and 105-110 basking temp-- tank should not fall below 65 at nite -- and be above 75 at nite -- T 8 needs to go inside the tank w/ NO clear plastic cover over the bulb directly above basking decor piece 6-8 inches --- here are some things to hang w/ 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- potted plane wire hangers and this is what I use it works great looks like Velcro straps - https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
after you get everything situated please post a pic of the tank if you need more help or have questions please post
Should I turn off the UVB and the heat lamp in the night or only the UVB

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should I turn off the UVB and the heat lamp in the night or only the UVB
Do not leave any lights on at nite ---- dragons like it cool and dark I posted temps for the tank at nite -- if your tank is falling below 65 at nite get a CHE ceramic heat emitter -- they produce NO light and only heat -- if you find you need one it can sit on top of the screen middle of tank --- look at pet smart or petco -- or you can google it -- amazon has them -- google ceramic heat emitter -- these work great if you have a dragon that is sick and you need to keep temps up at nite in the tank -- usually they are used at nite only for tanks cooling below 65--- you should have a photo period of 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off
You will need a deep dome w/ a ceramic socket - size of your tank is a 40 gallon--- you would probably need a 100 watt bulb --- but only get it if you need it --- stick ons in the tank back wall middle will give you ambient temp of the tank

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Get your temps of the tank first thing in the morning before lights on -- and I meant not above 75 at nite

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
www.symptonbsf.com they are not shipping until after Jan 3rd
www.mulberrytarms.com only place for butter worms good horn worms and silk when they have them spendy on shipping
www.dubiaroaches.com great horn worms super worms and roaches -- horn worms are a great hydrating worm but grow VERY fast when ordering only order small amounts
www.reptilainarts.com great silk worms - they have the bulk back in which come small and you would need to order food the cupped come w/ food - they also have roaches and super worms - these people are pretty fast
www.coastalsilkworms.com east coast and west coast --
www.hornworms.com this site has other feeders as well --
www.aarfeeders.com they have bundled packages I have not ordered from here
www.joshsfrogs.com I have not ordered from here either but others have --
www.rainbowmealworms.com
Shop all these places and get prices --- it is good to get on line than the pet store

Kimberly Rollins

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys, I don’t know how old my bearded dragon is is but a week ago she stopped eating. A couple of days ago I switched the UV bulb from a coil to a bar because I thought it would help in her diet. She still hasn’t eaten any crickets or meal worms or collard greens. I included a picture of her because I thought she was looking super skinny. Any advice on what I should do?
My Sons Beardie is about 5 now and She stopped eating ad well do we took her to her Vet and he put her on baby food stage 2 with turkey, or beef and variety vegetables in it as well as Pedialyte in the food to add hydration. We feed her with a Syringe 5ml of food 2 x day and 1 ml of Pedialyte 2 x day. Now she is 5 and about 26 inches long from head to tail and you want to make sure to not overfeeding your dragon. I would start out with a couple ml 2 x a day with 1/2ml of Pedialyte and see how it does and if it starts feeling better. You don't need calcium added to the baby food per vet because baby food has plenty in it ans do that for 2 weeks, but make sure you have proper heating and lighting UVB im the tank, we had to get another UVB because we got a larger tank. Good luck hope any of this helps

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
My Sons Beardie is about 5 now and She stopped eating ad well do we took her to her Vet and he put her on baby food stage 2 with turkey, or beef and variety vegetables in it as well as Pedialyte in the food to add hydration. We feed her with a Syringe 5ml of food 2 x day and 1 ml of Pedialyte 2 x day. Now she is 5 and about 26 inches long from head to tail and you want to make sure to not overfeeding your dragon. I would start out with a couple ml 2 x a day with 1/2ml of Pedialyte and see how it does and if it starts feeling better. You don't need calcium added to the baby food per vet because baby food has plenty in it ans do that for 2 weeks, but make sure you have proper heating and lighting UVB im the tank, we had to get another UVB because we got a larger tank. Good luck hope any of this helps
You have a female 26 inch long bearded dragon??? Can we see some pics?

marzipanbaby

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys, I don’t know how old my bearded dragon is is but a week ago she stopped eating. A couple of days ago I switched the UV bulb from a coil to a bar because I thought it would help in her diet. She still hasn’t eaten any crickets or meal worms or collard greens. I included a picture of her because I thought she was looking super skinny. Any advice on what I should do?
Do you know if Mushu is a fancy bearded dragon? I had a very similar complication with a fancy I used to have — because of the way they are breeded they are much more prone to illnesses.