• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Did he have a nightmare?

Savra mitera

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I keep my beardie Spike in the living room and even though there is some light, he has a dark space in his enclosure that he sleeps just fine in. A little bit ago (2:30 AM) he woke up and started running and jumping around his enclosure like the devil was chasing him. He was all puffed up and his beard as black as can be. I held him for a little while and he calmed down. I put him back in his little bed, but he went back to the opposite corner where he was going crazy earlier...just sitting there up against the glass now. He’s about 6 months old, confirmed male and is healthy. I can only think of 2 possible causes for him waking and going crazy...a cricket bit him (found one in his enclosure) or he had a nightmare. I removed the cricket and at current see no signs of a bite. Also, he did have a few tiny pieces of his salad that he threw around that I would think a cricket would eat before biting him. So, can beardies have nightmares? Has this happened to anyone else? He’s my first beardie so I’m learning about their behaviors as I go.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, according to google bearded dragons can have nightmare but he also could have been scared of something in the dark like a shadow, cat, dog, or even you, thinking it was a predator.