• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crickets with wings??

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
We have been feeding our dragon crickets from petsmart. They are out and she’s burning through them. So I went to another place that gave me brown crickets and they have wings. The ones from petsmart did not. What’s the difference and are they safe for dragons with the wings? Silly question I’m sure

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
Crickets with wings are normal-they use their wings to chirp :)
Haha i knew it was silly. We get the small ones and you just don’t see them I guess and they don’t chirp. Yet. But man, these others we got had like full on wings. So I wasn’t sure. I’m new to the big thing. They were really large so maybe perfect size for breeding then. Thank you!!

cosmoni

Bearded Dragon Egg
Haha i knew it was silly. We get the small ones and you just don’t see them I guess and they don’t chirp. Yet. But man, these others we got had like full on wings. So I wasn’t sure. I’m new to the big thing. They were really large so maybe perfect size for breeding then. Thank you!!
Be careful with the breeding, haha. If you don't do really consistent maintenance then they die, or the poo builds up and the stench is insane.

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
Be careful with the breeding, haha. If you don't do really consistent maintenance then they die, or the poo builds up and the stench is insane.
I’ve been on the fence about it. I’m leaning towards no. Just for the reasons you say. Think I’ll just order in bulk online. Thank you!

SpikedLove

Bearded Dragon Egg
We have been feeding our dragon crickets from petsmart. They are out and she’s burning through them. So I went to another place that gave me brown crickets and they have wings. The ones from petsmart did not. What’s the difference and are they safe for dragons with the wings? Silly question I’m sure

Yes they are just adult crickets. You will notice that some have a long protrusion coming out of their butt area. These are females, they do not chirp. If you don't like noise, feed the males off first.
handy trick

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
Yes they are just adult crickets. You will notice that some have a long protrusion coming out of their butt area. These are females, they do not chirp. If you don't like noise, feed the males off first.
handy trick
That is a very handy trick. Thank you for that. I will keep in mind when she gets to eating bigger ones. I ended up giving them away. No way she could eat those things yet.