• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crazy female dragon ATTACKS

Dino4242

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I have two beautiful beardies I ve been waiting on their age to breed them. I started slowly introducing them. Then I would put them together about a hour a day in the males tank, then the females tank, then onto the floor today. My male will bob his head and arm wave to her but no action. Today putting them on to the floor the female acted like she was the male and jumped on top of the make and bit the back of his neck and wouldnt let go. Smh am I doing something wrong? Or are they just not compatible? TY Dino is the male 2 1/2 yrs old Penny is the female 2 yrs old.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I have two beautiful beardies I ve been waiting on their age to breed them. I started slowly introducing them. Then I would put them together about a hour a day in the males tank, then the females tank, then onto the floor today. My male will bob his head and arm wave to her but no action. Today putting them on to the floor the female acted like she was the male and jumped on top of the make and bit the back of his neck and wouldnt let go. Smh am I doing something wrong? Or are they just not compatible? TY Dino is the male 2 1/2 yrs old Penny is the female 2 yrs old.
Are you sure that Penny is female? Just asking--- I am not a breeder or have not ever bred dragons so I am not sure about behavior ---

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Females can show signs of dominance, especially if the female is big! look up on youtube, Animal1guy , bearded dragon party gone wrong, hes a YouTuber with multiple rescue beardies, and if i can recommend something, always move the male, when doing introductions, make the female have a safe place, if you put her into the males enclosure it sets the tone, tbh I wouldn’t do this in an enclosure to begin with, choose neutral ground for both of them, if shes not receptive, then try again another day, if you wanna picture both ur dragons vents, we may be able to confirm gender… pairing is trial and error, they may not be compatible and she may veiw him as an unsuitable partner, ya never know…