• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Continuing low appetite + lethargy, anything else I can do?

Cyanic

Hatchling Dragon
I’ve had my baby, Tripod, since Monday of last week, and today marks a week on antibiotics. She still seems very weak, and will maybe eat one or two crickets a day on her own.
Should I continue to assist feed her? I’ve been using reptiboost, carnivore care, finely chopped greens, and crickets.
She doesn’t move around much, just staying under her warm spot most of the time. She doesn’t seem to be struggling to breathe as much as she was, which is good. Mouth rot/injury is looking better as well. Poops look good, I’ll include a pic.
Just got her proper uvb light and hood, reptisun T5. Basking spot is at 110 with a cork bark ramp for a good heat gradient.
I just feel like I’m stressing her out so much, I want to do as much as I can to help her, but I don’t want to kill her with kindness.
CF421FC3-B083-4250-8A4E-B1BA157C1281.jpeg
3BFA0AE5-2D37-4DE5-B0EB-A2E9A56F57C2.jpeg
0D4C36A0-1A2E-4E3B-82D0-33F5D1E66283.jpeg

EbrietasDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Awh the baby! So smol when mine was that big she could crush 15-20 crickets on her own. So I'd say if she's only getting two on her own I'd keep assisting her, with as little stress as possible. Have you tried feeding her the carnivore care or repashy off the tip of your finger? If you're feeding her with a syringe it may be too stressful. You can also make smoothies with crickets, greens etc and put a little on the tip of your finger too. Having the proper UVB I'm hoping will help tons! Fingers crossed keep us updated!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve had my baby, Tripod, since Monday of last week, and today marks a week on antibiotics. She still seems very weak, and will maybe eat one or two crickets a day on her own.
Should I continue to assist feed her? I’ve been using reptiboost, carnivore care, finely chopped greens, and crickets.
She doesn’t move around much, just staying under her warm spot most of the time. She doesn’t seem to be struggling to breathe as much as she was, which is good. Mouth rot/injury is looking better as well. Poops look good, I’ll include a pic.
Just got her proper uvb light and hood, reptisun T5. Basking spot is at 110 with a cork bark ramp for a good heat gradient.
I just feel like I’m stressing her out so much, I want to do as much as I can to help her, but I don’t want to kill her with kindness.
View attachment 28405View attachment 28406View attachment 28407
Continue w/ the carnivore care make sure she stays hydrated- so water the carnivore care down - if she's still eating that's good - the T 5 is where? Distance and placement is crucial- get the UVB placed directly above her 12-15 inches No screen! Place the UVB width wise on the tank if you haft to and place the screen up to the fixture w/ the basking bulb next to it so she's getting both-