• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

confused about D3 and lights

crystalphorce

Bearded Dragon Egg
My husband and I plan on getting a little beardie of our own (first one ever) but the lights and vitamin D3 are so confusing so I need some help. If I have a mercury ballasting bulb that does UVB/UVA and a T5 Reptisun does my beardie need D3 in its calcium supplement??? I know that he is going to need the multivitamins and the calcium but does it need to have D3 in it. I have heard yes and no everywhere I have looked. PLEASE HELP!!!

crystalphorce

Bearded Dragon Egg
ok, ^^ thank you so much^^ I have a notebook here at home where I have been writing everything down bc I want to make sure that I am prepared and that I do this right.
I have the t5 reptisun and the zoo med basking bulb 100watt. repashy calcium plus and a che( my house gets cold at night).

crystalphorce

Bearded Dragon Egg
the tank is 38x18x18. I am having trouble finding a bigger tank. I got the ceramic socket too along with a stand so I can adjust the distance. we have a heat gun and prob but we are not using sand for substrate just tiles. I'm gonna make sure I leave the cage set up for a week before I even go and get the little guy so it stays right for him.

crystalphorce

Bearded Dragon Egg
ok thank you^^ my husband was gonna build one for his adult years but i know they grow fast so i would rather just get the 70 gallon now and get it over with lol

crystalphorce

Bearded Dragon Egg
husband wants to build our tank so I may not be buying one but I do have my eyes set on one just in case he changes his mind. we are going with a 24-inch fixture. it will be a couple of months before we get it done but I would rather take my time and make sure its right.
Thanks so much for the help^^