• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concerned about Juvenile eating too much. Please help

carlybeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
My almost 5 month old male bearded dragon is eating a lot. And when I mean a lot, he is going through 1,000 dubia roaches in less than a week. He won't stop eating until I take the bugs away. I swear he wouldn't stop if I let him.. He never leaves a single bug in his cage and he devours them as soon as a put them in there. He eats dubia's as a staple, a long with crickets every other day as a treat (20-30). I am concerned because he is eating a lot. He also loves veggies and will devour a whole bowl daily.. Is this normal? I might be over worrying but it just doesn't seem normal to me. Also, he is not drastically gaining weight. He gains steadily like he always has. Any advice or answers would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance!