• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

colloidal silver (aka silver water) what is it

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so I looked this stuff up and (excuse my frankness) everything I read basically says it is a hoax? That it has no benefits of any kind associated and can cause skin/eye/and nail discolration if taken for a long period of time. I have never heard of its use in reptiles until recently so im trying to get information on this. Granted, some people call Reptaid a bs fake herbal remedy and I know it works so im sure there are people that have first hand accounts of how 'Silver Water' benefits their animals health and/or their health i just want to hear it. So lets go people lol.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There are benefits of flushing the body of impurities, quite a help for those with cancer, so yes, there are benefits, Brian.. Those who use homeopathic means to medicate find the silver a huge asset.

janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
even on animals? im just tryin to see what the benefits are to a reptile. Id worry that the particles of silver would build up inside them as i am sure that they dont ingest silve in the wild????

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you dilute it. Short term it is a great tool, Bri. Long term is for humans only.
janie

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I remember studying it, Colloidal silver was primarily used for conjunctivitis in newborn puppies and kitten as such but never heard of it being used on repitles. I'll research it in my Veterinary medical nursing textbook and get back to you if you like.

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie is sick right now i was wondering if i could use this on him. so can i take it as you are saying you can?

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
I remember studying it, Colloidal silver was primarily used for conjunctivitis in newborn puppies and kitten as such but never heard of it being used on repitles. I'll research it in my Veterinary medical nursing textbook and get back to you if you like.
I also have a sick beardie will you please let me know what you find out too.