• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Clogged Femoral Pores??

Greytfae

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I’ve recently adopted a Beardie. I’m a new keeper but have done lots of research prior to getting him. The lady I got him from had him for 6 months and told me he was about 4, but she wasn’t 100% sure of his previous care because the man she rescued him from wasn’t great (husbandry wise). He has a UV bulb and a basking light and the digital thermometer says that his basking spot temp is 32.5 degrees Celsius. I’ve had him for a day and he’s eaten a cricket, two dubias, some pepper and half a red grape, (but hasn’t touched his kale). He has also pooped and passed a urate after I gave him a lil bath. My only concern is that he seems to have badly clogged femoral pores. I did some research and found videos of people soaking them and then gently removing the clogged oils with tweezers. I did this and one of them came out very easily (although it was a completely solid rock) I didn’t want to stress him too much so I only did one and then put him back. Just wanted to check on here to see if anyone has any advice? If removing them myself is a bad idea please let me know, and let me know if there’s anything else I should be doing. Thanks :)