• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

changing enclosures?.

DuckysMomma

Bearded Dragon Egg
my little fatty, Ducky, recently, as in tonight, made the move to a larger tank, now she seems almost scared....is this normal? i picked her up amd she nuzzled right up into my throat and hasnt moved......will she be ok? how long might i expect her to be like this? any advise to make her feel more at home would be great...the new rank is only set up like 5 ft away from where her old one was...so its not like a HUGE environment change.....also this is not her first tank move so j dont know why this one aeems to be affecting her so much more...

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
hello, yes its normal for them to suffer relocation stress, should get better after a week. Put some places to hide in there for her ,perhaps cover the back and sides to stop reflections. She will feel more exposed in a larger tank ,but she should get over it in pretty short order

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Awe poor thing. Give her time, she'll get used to it. Make sure you put some things from her old tank into her new tank, even if just until she settles in.