• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ceramic heat emitter

DragonNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently saw a post that said the che should only be used at night.
Can someone please explain why? I live in the NW and having the che on during the day helps keep the tank warm enough during the day.
Any comments are greatly appreciated

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently saw a post that said the che should only be used at night.
Can someone please explain why? I live in the NW and having the che on during the day helps keep the tank warm enough during the day.
Any comments are greatly appreciated
Keeping it on during the day is fine --- I use mine during the winter months normally 24/7 - this winter I havent but have had to add a extra heat bulb -- are your basking temps in check --- babies 105-110 and juvie/ adult 95-110 -- ?

DragonNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Keeping it on during the day is fine --- I use mine during the winter months normally 24/7 - this winter I havent but have had to add a extra heat bulb -- are your basking temps in check --- babies 105-110 and juvie/ adult 95-110 -- ?
His basking area temp is 97 to 107. His cool side ranges from 83-87. He is about 3 months old and his UVB is 22” t5 strip that provides light in both his basking area and the cool side
Thanks for responding- I got a little worried about the CHE after I saw something about only turning it on at night. I will probably only have it on at night during the summer

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
His basking area temp is 97 to 107. His cool side ranges from 83-87. He is about 3 months old and his UVB is 22” t5 strip that provides light in both his basking area and the cool side
Thanks for responding- I got a little worried about the CHE after I saw something about only turning it on at night. I will probably only have it on at night during the summer
The 83 is ok but 87 on cool side is too warm -- your T 5 is inside the tank or on top of screen-- depending on the screen it can be on top placement and distance is crucial

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
They may have meant a CHE only, without a basking bulb during the day is not adequate?

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No that is not adequate--
I know, that’s what I’m saying. The person the OP is referencing who said no CHE’s in the day may have meant a CHE alone in the day is not adequate.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know, that’s what I’m saying. The person the OP is referencing who said no CHE’s in the day may have meant a CHE alone in the day is not adequate.
I took it she has a basking bulb ad well since she said she would shut it off during summer months

DragonNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi again. I do have a basking bulb.
Attached are pics of his tank from two angles. This is a temporary set up as I have another tank for him that I will be setting up as a bio active tank tank in the next week or two.
This one is 36x18x20
250A2E53-9D00-4709-984B-8FAA84DFA5B2.jpeg
F54E0164-DDA3-44A2-8904-FAEB2FB9C96E.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi again. I do have a basking bulb.
Attached are pics of his tank from two angles. This is a temporary set up as I have another tank for him that I will be setting up as a bio active tank tank in the next week or two.
This one is 36x18x20View attachment 25310View attachment 25311
The screen on the tank is a fine mesh or a wide hole screen --- this makes a difference for UVB rays

DragonNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Fine mesh or a wide whole screen seems relative - depends on ‘how wide’ attached is a picture with my finger in the picture to give it context
95D10964-715B-4006-8926-55AC1DC9EFC5.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Fine mesh or a wide whole screen seems relative - depends on ‘how wide’ attached is a picture with my finger in the picture to give it contextView attachment 25313
You might get away w/ it on top of the screen --- make sure your basking decor is 8-10 inches directly below -- watch the behavior -- if he starts to become not as active quit eating poop looks funny then I would move it inside the tank --

DragonNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the advice. I will keep an eye on him. So far as I can tell he is a pig!
Always happy to eat bugs. He gets Dubia roaches and wax worms 2x/day. I ordered bsfl that should be here next week. Seems better than the wax worms.
Picks at his salad on and off. I have only had him for 6 days. So far I have been giving him Kale, some peeled apple (not every day), a little bit of red bell pepper, and a little bit of grated sweet potato
Poops pretty much every day and bounces around his tank regularly.
I appreciate your efforts on this forum.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the advice. I will keep an eye on him. So far as I can tell he is a pig!
Always happy to eat bugs. He gets Dubia roaches and wax worms 2x/day. I ordered bsfl that should be here next week. Seems better than the wax worms.
Picks at his salad on and off. I have only had him for 6 days. So far I have been giving him Kale, some peeled apple (not every day), a little bit of red bell pepper, and a little bit of grated sweet potato
Poops pretty much every day and bounces around his tank regularly.
I appreciate your efforts on this forum.
Yes the BSFL are a great staple feeder do not dust them -- the wax worms I would lay off of them - they are a fatty worm and if fed too much long term can cause liver issues -- kale is a great staple feeder - the apple I would not give so much either try some other fruits once a week the sweet potato will keep him regular -- his activeness is what you want -- he sounds to be doing really good - but w/ the T 5 on the screen just watch him --