• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

CBD

Billie

Hatchling Dragon
So to start off, I have a female Pitt bull shar pei mix, she is 12 years old and she use to be in a lot of pain and very lazy, I started rubbing some of my CBD oil on her gums every morning and she has the energy of a puppy and is in no pain. I was wondering, would it be beneficial if I put a couple drops of cbd on my beardies salads every couple days? What would it do? I don’t want to hurt her so what will it do to her? Would it help her? The cbd oil I have is in the picture.

image.jpg

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
Is there something wrong with your bearded dragon? If it ain 't broke, don't fix it!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Someone asked this in a FB group yesterday. I personally love CBD and I have heard of it working for dogs and cats. I think though that in reptiles it is going to be harder to dose. When we take it it's usually hit or miss as to what MG we take and how much. We take more or little depending on how it makes us feel and what works for whatever issue we are having. With reptiles they really don't have a way of telling us that they are getting too much or too little.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I also use CBD for my dog and for myself but like Patsy said it would be too hard to dose, not really sure if it would be good for them as I don't think any studies have been done in this treatment area.. So personally I wouldn't mess with it.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Now I looked back at that FB page and someone talked about it back in April. Their BD was older and diagnosed with cancer and wanted to give CBD. People were saying that their BD's had taken CBD oil recommended by their vet for things like pain.

I think if your dragon isn't having pain there really is no need to try it. I think where it gets confusing is that some CBD oils do contain a trace amount of THC which is bad for them. You'd have to get the chemical workup of the oil to make sure it doesn't contain THC.

Tabasco

Hatchling Dragon
I would not. What is good for us or other animals might be toxic to reptiles. I am a big believer in CDB for people and dogs. My dog Henry had a ping pong size tumor in his throat, vet said not operable. Gave him 3 months max. I gave him massive amounts of CDB oil for 3 months, took him back to vets, they thought to put down. I said no, he seems better, is eating again etc. They took another xray, tumor was gone. Vet could not believe it. He lived 4 more years, had a very long life.

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
So to start off, I have a female Pitt bull shar pei mix, she is 12 years old and she use to be in a lot of pain and very lazy, I started rubbing some of my CBD oil on her gums every morning and she has the energy of a puppy and is in no pain. I was wondering, would it be beneficial if I put a couple drops of cbd on my beardies salads every couple days? What would it do? I don’t want to hurt her so what will it do to her? Would it help her? The cbd oil I have is in the picture.

View attachment 19448
get rid of the medications

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I read CBD has a toxin that is harmful to beardies in too big of doses. I also thought about using CBD when my guy was sick but my vet told me to just play it safe and use something prescribed by them.