• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

caretaker of Winston & Churchill

ownhomedog

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hello there~ i am the pet sitter of two bearded dragon named Winston and Churchill- they are 2 and 3. I may be on from time to time with questions about them. I have one question to start off with ~ can you feed a dragon Romaine lettuce? I know NO iceberg- but occasionally when i care for them - the owner doesnt leave me with and food or crickets. before I made an extra trip to the store - i am wondering if i can give them Romaine lettuce? thank you -Diane

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
helloo and welcome to the forum, if you have any questions we are a great bunch of people on here and will all try to answer your questions to the best of our knowledge, all we ask is for some pics ;D lol. i belive romaine lettuce should be fine, dont give them iceberg lettuce as has low nutritonal value and may give your beardie the runs, basicly change the diet as much as possible it will keep your beardie interested in their greens and make it more fun for them with the different flavours etc.
Here is a link to the forums care sheet which will cover all your food questions http://mybeardie.com/general_information.php
i hope this info is helpful to you and again welcome ;D

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beautiful dragons.com also has a good list of foods that beardies can eat

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Romaine is fine, but shouldn't be offered as a staple. It really doesn't offer much in the nutrition department. Collard greens, mustard greens, parsley, carrot top greens are much better choices for daily salad greens.

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Man, with cute names like that I was so hoping for some pictures! ;D