• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building my Daughter's 1.5 year old beardie, Godzilla, a nice new big cage

Power5

Bearded Dragon Egg
Godzilla has been living in his 40 gallon since birth, so he is accustomed to a lot of space. Going to build him a large house. I am moving to a larger house, so he will have tons of space to have a big cage. Going to build it out of 3/4" Plywood I think. Here is my concept drawing. This will be 72" wide to give him plenty of running room. Then it will be 24" deep and 24" tall. I am going to enclose a light room on top. Between the light box and the lower section will be a screen so air can vent out the top sides. I am going to mount the lights to the top panel and put a hinge on the back so if needed I can lift it up to replace bulbs. Sliding 1/4" windows in front sitting in aluminum channel. The windows will be able to be taken out without any disassembly. I am going to build a 2 drawer stand to support it. Total height of the unit will be about 66" tall. That is with 19"t legs and 10" deep drawers. I have all the parts drawn out in CAD so it is time to go buy wood and get started.
Terrarium 72 small.jpg

Here is Godzilla when he was a baby, versus him after seeing the picture of his new house. Yes, he is very excited. LOL
young godzilla.jpg

Godzilla Unimpressed.jpg

Leaning towards a 50/50 tile and bioactive. So his hot side will be tile and the plant side will be cooler. Will expand the bioactive as needed to get the humidity where it should be.

I have attached my CAD drawings for anyone interested.

Attachments

• terrarium drawings smaller.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13