• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building Mt. Mungi ;)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awesome!!! Wicked!!! Inspirational!!!

Thanks for the step by step Photo-torial, a very awesome project that turned out absolutely Gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished enclosure.

Wonderful job Buddha, in case you haven't noticed, this thread is now stickied in the enclosure section.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@Germ...Wow and Thank You very much for the compliments and for the 'Stickie'!! I'm truly happy that you found my project thread worthy of that,Sir;)
To tell you the truth I was wondering where the thread disappeared to and took me a moment to find it...lol..I.was.on my laptop when I posted the last pics..then logged on via tapatalk on my fone and said 'uhhhh...I.kno I hit post.." lol..Thanks again and Enjoy Your Evenin, Bro;)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmmmm, unsure why you couldn't find it to start with, it was the most recent thread posted in the enclosures section at the time, so already was at the top when I found it. So it hadn't moved & now it won't ;) .

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Lol...on my fone I.use Tapatalk app to access the forums..Stickies are shown on a different Tab and not seen on regular topic screen unless you click the Stickies Tab..lol..just how the app UI works;) Thanks again,Germ...was definitely a nice surprize and an honor much appreciated;)

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks, Mark! And Good Luck in starting highschool this week! I know you are excited and with good reason..lots of awesome times ahead for you and there is nothing better than opportunities to increase knowledge ANYTIME! Study hard, keep those grades up and most of all enjoy..YOU WILL DO JUST FINE! ;-) Oh and post up some new pics of Miss Eliza when you can..there are those of use that would enjoy seeing more of her!

Have a GREAT WEEK!
I will do both, study hard (and do good! :) ) and post some of those pics asap! Eliza's happy and healthy like a beardie should be! I love her lots ya know. :)

You have a great week too! :) Thanks again!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@BlackClaw...Thank you much..glad you like!;) You should give this stuff a try..very much fun, very easy and not only much cheaper than store bought stuff but you also end up with a creation for your dragon that is one of a kind..that makes it priceless just like your dragon is ;)
Enjoy the day! ;)

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@ChrisB...Thanks and yes indeed as soon as I finish his new Big House that the mountain was made for I certainly will be posting pics of him conguering Mt Mungi;)
Have a great evenin!

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
HOLY CRAP!!!!! That is AMAZING!!!! You are so talented!!!! It looks great!!!! I would never know how to do that! Your beardie is VERY lucky!!! Double thumbs up!!!!:D

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@BeardieBaby...Thank You for the compliment! It's really not a hard build and yes I believe anyone can do it! Just takes a lil time, patience and Imagination;)
Im anxious to see how Mungi reacts to it..hopefully wont be to much longer til I have his new Big House finished.
As far as Mungi being the lucky one...it's me and Kat who.are the lucky ones to have him share worlds with us;)

Give this project a try sometime...Im sure you will find that you have talent too!
Thanks again and Have a great week upcoming!!

"...That's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Comedian/Social Commentarian Dennis Miller

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Buddha doesn't your signature quote go something like this ... "...That's just my opinion. I could be wrong. I was once!!!" ;)

graphics-laughing-867787.gif

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@Germ.....have heard Miller add a few different additions to the end of that line...lol..have seen him live a few times over the years...kinda like the addition you added so hope you dont mind but think I will add it to my sig;)

"...That's just my opinion. I could be wrong...I was Once!" Comedian/Social Commentarian Dennis Miller

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I use Great Stuff brand...can be bought at Home Depot, Lowes,etc...there are a few different ones...just make.sure that you get one that dries hard..I believe that the last one I used was in a red and yellow can...and once you apply it I would recommend setting it outside in the sun for a couple of days...heat will make it expand more and you need to let it fully expand and dry hard before starting your carving and grouting. Otherwise if you grout and then heat is applied you may have the foam continue to expand and crack your structure..not fun..lol..I have in the past gotten all the way done and taken a structure out to apply acrylic sealer and have the sun heat it up and crack everything in a matter of moments...lesson learned is dont try and rush the process..now if I use the foam on a structure I always either take it outside in full sun for.a day or two or place it under a heat lamp to make damn sure it cures fully before going to the next stage;)
Am looking forward to see your build...make sure to take plenty of pics and post them up!
Enjoy your evening!

"That's just my opinion..I could be wrong...I was ONCE." Comedian/Social Commentarian Dennis Miller ;)

Beardie123

Juvenile Dragon
i bout all my supplies today i only spent like 40 dolars on everything but i star school soon so its only gonna be worked on in my spare time :p