• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Buckle up baby, we goin for a ride.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
7301949E-B584-4810-845D-A385DE25FDF0.jpeg

No she didn’t stay there lol, im taking steffern to go get some bugs and meet the reptile man :) have u ever taken ur beardy for a drive? If so howd it go?

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Starbucks loves car rides he has a little hammock and will just look out the window and take in the scenery. I also take him for walks in my purse and when he isn’t looking about he’s cuddled up in it

Attachments

• 0789C36D-47E3-4BF2-980E-BB9F11760797.jpeg
    0789C36D-47E3-4BF2-980E-BB9F11760797.jpeg
    754.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 45F39413-E920-4F48-82D1-04FEABECD935.jpeg
    45F39413-E920-4F48-82D1-04FEABECD935.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Starbucks loves car rides he has a little hammock and will just look out the window and take in the scenery. I also take him for walks in my purse and when he isn’t looking about he’s cuddled up in it
I loved seeing him in ur purse lol, thats great, does the hammock suction to ur windshield and side window? Is that how u have it? I just layed a towel in my dash so steffern wasn’t sliding around, where do you take him? And has he ever pood while u were out?

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I loved seeing him in ur purse lol, thats great, does the hammock suction to ur windshield and side window? Is that how u have it? I just layed a towel in my dash so steffern wasn’t sliding around, where do you take him? And has he ever pood while u were out?
I know I call him my little purse lizard . And yup I do 2 suctions on the windshield and 1 on the side window. Because my little guy is a heifer so I do suggest to use the big suction cups, I find the little ones fall off super easily and than you’ll be leaning over trying to re-suction it as you’re driving lol. And I take him to do most of my errands, so the bank sometimes, pick up bugs, get food, grab a coffee, grocery store. Sometimes I will sneak him into a store in my purse but because he’s so bright he’s really easy to notice unlike my Cleo who’s much duller in colour. So I do sometimes leave him in the car if it’s not too warm outside and I know I won’t be gone for long (no more than 10 minutes). And I will crank the window for him and leave a note so people don’t worry about him getting too warm. And he has only pooped once in my car he’s potty trained to go in a bath so I always try to give him one before we go out. But I cut out a plastic bag in the shape of the hammock and tied it to the underside of it. So if he does poop the plastic bag stops it from leaking onto the seat or floor. Here’s a pic of it so you kinda have an idea of what it looks like

Attachments

• B1DCBC3E-C470-4257-A00E-E877DD5E2C05.jpeg
    B1DCBC3E-C470-4257-A00E-E877DD5E2C05.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • 49CE7483-7808-4E1F-8F67-6C60C6561D1C.jpeg
    49CE7483-7808-4E1F-8F67-6C60C6561D1C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I know I call him my little purse lizard . And yup I do 2 suctions on the windshield and 1 on the side window. Because my little guy is a heifer so I do suggest to use the big suction cups, I find the little ones fall off super easily and than you’ll be leaning over trying to re-suction it as you’re driving lol. And I take him to do most of my errands, so the bank sometimes, pick up bugs, get food, grab a coffee, grocery store. Sometimes I will sneak him into a store in my purse but because he’s so bright he’s really easy to notice unlike my Cleo who’s much duller in colour. So I do sometimes leave him in the car if it’s not too warm outside and I know I won’t be gone for long (no more than 10 minutes). And I will crank the window for him and leave a note so people don’t worry about him getting too warm. And he has only pooped once in my car he’s potty trained to go in a bath so I always try to give him one before we go out. But I cut out a plastic bag in the shape of the hammock and tied it to the underside of it. So if he does poop the plastic bag stops it from leaking onto the seat or floor. Here’s a pic of it so you kinda have an idea of what it looks like
Thats so adorable, i wanna take steffern more places, thanks for the tip on the bigger cups and the trash bag , itd be terrible if they made a mess on the seat >~< , is that hammock the largest one? My girl is quite thicc aswell so im thinking i need the big one, do people care if hes in ur purse? I live in FL (not by my choice) but i think lizards would be generally accepted here?

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thats so adorable, i wanna take steffern more places, thanks for the tip on the bigger cups and the trash bag , itd be terrible if they made a mess on the seat >~< , is that hammock the largest one? My girl is quite thicc aswell so im thinking i need the big one, do people care if hes in ur purse? I live in FL (not by my choice) but i think lizards would be generally accepted here?
I’m in Toronto, Canada so a lizard in a purse is a bit on the strange side here and even though it doesn’t make sense at all why he can’t go into grocery stores considering lizards don’t shed and I’ve yet to meet someone who has an allergy to it. These are the reasons some stores have told me he’s not allowed in them. And because he’s so long even if he’s tucked in there his tail is always sticking out so he’s still noticeable. But he loves chilling on his hammock so he doesn’t mind being left in the car as I go run an errand. And that is the biggest hammock but I think your beardie will be ok on it. Though Starbucks is on the slimmer side he’s still around 23-24 inches and he fits on it perfectly.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Omg this is too cute! And a great idea for car rides! Does he get nervous or skittish when you turn or go on bumpier roads? My guy won't sit still in the car haha.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Omg this is too cute! And a great idea for car rides! Does he get nervous or skittish when you turn or go on bumpier roads? My guy won't sit still in the car haha.
Not at all , i have the most docile beardy In the world, she doesn’t care about anything , she liked the ride as far as i know :)

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
No he’s very good when it comes to his hammock if I have him anywhere else he’ll start roaming around and being his little a-hole self, but the moment I put him on his hammock he won’t budge. And in the beginning he was a little nervous at the moving scenery or if we went too fast. Now he’s super comfortable and loves going on drives. And for speed bumps I’ll hold his hammock so it doesn’t sway and spoke him. Hope this helps