• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

amberpoir

Bearded Dragon Egg
6E42C743-D01A-4D96-A4E1-FC8DFB29639E_1_105_c.jpeg
47DAE8E9-0829-42B6-AFD3-2A7C66D842E6_1_105_c.jpeg
Hi guys,
A few weeks ago my beardie Marshall broke off one of his nails. I figured it would just grow back and I kept an eye on it, making sure to keep it clean. However, the nail still hasn't grown back yet and the finger it broke from looks bulbous. I'm concerned it may be broken, however when I've touched the finger he doesn't seem to have any reaction. Just wondering what you guys think and what some possible solutions would be or if I should take him to a vet.
Thanks!

LJZONUM

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’ve never experienced this, but my guy is under a year old. I just found this online “If the nails have been completely pulled out then chances are they won't grow back, however if they have just broken off then they can grow back but take a while....months.” so it sounds like Marshall might need more than a couple of weeks to see some regrowth. If it stays the same for another month, or that swelling becomes any worse, it should be double checked by a knowledgeable reptile veterinarian.