• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brian

Nikki

Bearded Dragon Egg
okay so I'm new to this I've had my bearded dragon for about 4 years I'm he's a male dragon and he's had some periodontal issues which I did go to the vet for he does have a regular practitioner he was on antibiotics for a little bit to longer than maybe he should have been they suggested four to six weeks arm he has surgery to remove a mass out of his front jaw next week and now I'm having issues about diarrhea and I had already sent in a fecal test to my vet which I am awaiting details about and he has been not fully prolapsing just a little bit. Pushing his little thing out a little bit and I gave him a nice warm bath I had been giving him his Calcium water I've been giving him some critical care which was given to me by the emergency room doctor I had to take them into and just to bring the swelling down and put a little bit of sugar paste on his little bum area so he's just resting right now and I'm just awaiting results I'm also awaiting delivery which is coming today of worm guard by nature made if I'm not mistaken so I am doing everything I can to until this results come back for his fecal test is there anything else that I can do to try to help him that I haven't already mentioned
Please if anyone has any other info I love my little man man Brian to the Moon and back

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Instead of sugar paste, you could try raw unfiltered honey or manuka honey - as long as there are no biting insects like crickets in the tank with him. Anything you can do to keep him hydrated so he's not straining to poop should help, too, although it seems odd that he'd be straining with diarrhea.

Nikki

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's water and a small poop he pushes out
I also put vasoline but I have been giving him calcium water and it seems to be helping along with critical care
Thank you for the info and no he stopped eating crickets after his first year
He eats hornworms,. Super worms and wax worms and dubias

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Hornworms are great for hydration, so that's good. I am not a fan of vaseline on anything with an infection risk, since it can potentially seal germs in. Honey is better, but you'd want to make sure there are no loose dubia roaches. I hope he feels better soon!!