• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brand new owner!

ButterDiesel

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all! Just got my first BD today, Noodles. Have him in a 40 gal tank, one of the starter kits from Petsmart. I know, I know, they're not complete and to say the least. Already replaced the basking bulb from 100w to 150w. Have a question regarding the UVB bulb that comes in the kit. It's a CFL type bulb, is that ok? I've read a few posts on here and people are saying to stay away from "coil" type bulbs, meaning CFL's? I took it out and am using a 2 ft long fluorescent bulb that I use to start seedlings, believe it's 6500K. Please let me know if I'm screwing up.

ButterDiesel

Bearded Dragon Egg
Got the digital thermometer w/probe in there now, a few inches below the top of the basking rock in the tank, reading 97°. Got veggies in there now, but he's just chilling out in the light. We have a tiny water bowl in there, or should I just mist his veggies with water? There's a LOT of conflicting information out there. Oh and I will be replacing the plant bulb with a proper one.

ButterDiesel

Bearded Dragon Egg
Already made the order from Mulberry Farms for mealworms and BSFL's, plan on getting the new uvb bulb tomorrow. I'll adjust the probe's placement in the tank. He's active so far checking out his new home.

ButterDiesel

Bearded Dragon Egg
New temp probe placement showing 108° at the top of his basking rock, it's stepped so he can adjust his distance from it.