• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bonding with bearded dragon

griffink074

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I am a fairly new bearded dragon owner. Jed and I have been together since June 20th. He's gotten used to me, and gets really excited when I feed him. I let him out a couple times a day to roam around my room, he roams for a bit but then usually ends up hiding under my bed or sitting on the top of one of my cushions. When I pick him up when he is hiding he occasionally gets annoyed but never aggressive. What is the best way to bond with him now that he is comfortable around me?
IMG_6200.jpg

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
My guy likes sitting on my chest. I’ll hold for a few seconds, pet him a little, rub is beard, while I talk to him. When I let go he either stays there or climbs on my shoulder. Just looks around sometimes comes back to my chest. My house is set at 72 degrees so I think he likes my body heat. I only keep him out for a little. He cools down quick.

BengalGirl

Hatchling Dragon
Any time you spend with him is bonding time. I'll just hang with Earl while I'm on my phone or watching TV. He'll sit on me or climb up and hang on the back of my recliner. He likes running around on my bed when I'm doing laundry. LOL

Playdeadrin

Bearded Dragon Egg
I found that wrapping mine in a soft blanket when the lights are about to go out and letting him sleep on me helped a lot. I held mine everyday and spent a lot of time with him. But once I started snuggling with him at night he got used to me and now nuzzles into me and always wants attention.

Attachments

• 63177384-F759-4B53-AAB6-B5950FFE82FB.jpeg
    63177384-F759-4B53-AAB6-B5950FFE82FB.jpeg
    949.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 24D71192-7879-484F-BAF2-0574111194B2.jpeg
    24D71192-7879-484F-BAF2-0574111194B2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Do you feed him outside the enclosure? Hand feeding is the best way for a tame dragon :) ive hand fed my girl since she was a wee lil thing, she’s never bit me as im she gets handled every day.

Attachments

• CA9FF7B8-1985-4BC1-B6CE-8CDF844B5FFF.jpeg
    CA9FF7B8-1985-4BC1-B6CE-8CDF844B5FFF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
Hello,

I am a fairly new bearded dragon owner. Jed and I have been together since June 20th. He's gotten used to me, and gets really excited when I feed him. I let him out a couple times a day to roam around my room, he roams for a bit but then usually ends up hiding under my bed or sitting on the top of one of my cushions. When I pick him up when he is hiding he occasionally gets annoyed but never aggressive. What is the best way to bond with him now that he is comfortable around me?View attachment 28994
My Rusty, clings to my chest i usually give him one hand under his bum, but he prefers if i walk with him, when i sit he gets board and wonders off :0
I take him out in the sun, he enjoys our strolls in the garden, some days he climbs to shoulder, but only for better view, always keep a good eye on him when outside tho, they aren't good with depth perception, Rusty is a bit clumsy , good thing they aren't too fast :)

Abbyroad52779

Bearded Dragon Egg
I found that wrapping mine in a soft blanket when the lights are about to go out and letting him sleep on me helped a lot. I held mine everyday and spent a lot of time with him. But once I started snuggling with him at night he got used to me and now nuzzles into me and always wants attention.
I'm totally going to start doing that, I love that idea!

acethedragonguy

Juvenile Dragon
Hello,

I am a fairly new bearded dragon owner. Jed and I have been together since June 20th. He's gotten used to me, and gets really excited when I feed him. I let him out a couple times a day to roam around my room, he roams for a bit but then usually ends up hiding under my bed or sitting on the top of one of my cushions. When I pick him up when he is hiding he occasionally gets annoyed but never aggressive. What is the best way to bond with him now that he is comfortable around me?View attachment 28994
I've had my dragon for 3 days now, and handfeeding seemed to work a lot. She's super comfortable with me now, and loves being around me, playing in the bath works a lot too! (for weekly baths, if being given)

Toothless & Lil Man mommy

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Toothless & Lil Man mommy

Hatchling Dragon
yeah mine was like that at first now it likes to be held on my chest even at night it will rather me hold it instead of being back in its tank under the heat light i think i done got mine to spoiled