• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black Soldier Fly Larvae Question

TazDeveloper

Bearded Dragon Egg
I put a few calci worms in Picasso's salad each day. The movement brings him to the veggies. I was at a reptile show this lat weekend, I figured I would buy some Black Soldier Fly Larvae at the show. They only sell cups of 25 at our local Pet Supermarket. I didn't think much at the time I bought them, but the guy told me to wash them before feeding. When I got home, it started to bother me, so I threw them out. Better safe then sorry.

Anyone have an idea why, I was told to wash the larvae? Is this a normal thing? Was I being paranoid?

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Yes, it's just because their substrate/bedding/packing material sticks to them, especially if it's damp. Just FYI, you can get them in bulk at good prices online from symtonbsf.com or Josh's Frogs. Around $20 for 1,000. :0)