• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black Beard on sides only

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
For the past 2 days Mordy is sporting a little black beard just on the sides not sure why any suggestions? I have seen him full black beard before this is just the corners you can see that here
Can I come out.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hmm maybe he's only black bearding alittle because he's only a little alert or anxious over something.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Well complete black bearding usually happens if they want to mate along with head bobbing. I've never seen just the sides get dark like this. Unless this picture was taken soon after he was in full black beard.

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hed ws not full black beard and I can not find any info on why this would happen he is a happy boy we have had a lot of family around as of late

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I also just noticed. The black is around his eyes and his sides he is eating and pooping and not acting any different if he is not with me when I see clients he sleeps all day

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is he doing this in areas that he may be just trying to soak up more heat by turning darker??

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Then I think it is his way of being alert and soaking up heat.

torik

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey, did you ever figure out what was going on/was your beardie okay? This just started happening to mine. She's underweight (she's always been picky with food despite trying a variety of things and making sure lighting and environment setup was right), but otherwise seems okay.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
This could be true for mine, although seems not like the case for the original post
Same thing happened with my girl,
7D899FAF-CA58-4B16-8FB4-08446FFB1F5B.jpeg

U can see her two dark spots , they’ve almost faded at this point, idk why they do it either, probably mildly upset.