• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bio tank

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Please pardon my lack of math skills. If the cocoa fiber is 10 lbs how many pounds should the sand be and how many pounds should moss be?Again sorry for my poor math skills
Well the 10 pounds of Coco fiber will not stay 10 lb after you add the water (make sure the water is chlorine free). I would suggest adding 10 lb of sand and then add a bag of moss on top and mix it in.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well the 10 pounds of Coco fiber will not stay 10 lb after you add the water (make sure the water is chlorine free). I would suggest adding 10 lb of sand and then add a bag of moss on top and mix it in.
My water is of well water. Not sure if it‘s chlorine free. I actually already mixed the Coco Bliss. How many of These do you recommend? And will the sand below do?thanks so much
1595203613842.jpeg

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My water is of well water. Not sure if it‘s chlorine free. I actually already mixed the Coco Bliss. How many of These do you recommend? And will the sand below do?thanks so muchView attachment 22821
The sand in the picture I believe will do but if you can don't use calcium sand. One or two bags will work, I would lay down the coco fiber and then add this on top and lately mix it in with your hands then do the same with the moss.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
just making sure. Add one part Coco fiber, to one part sand and 8 quarts of sphagnum moss?thanks.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So then 10lbs Of Coco bliss and 5lbs sand. And 8 quarts of sphagnum moss?
Again sorry about my lack of math skills.thanks
Yes but you're going to want to double your recipe, so it would be 20 lb of cocoa Bliss 10 lb of sand and 8 quarts of sphagnum moss, remember when you add water to the cocoa Bliss it will expand a lot! Also remember that this doesn't have to be perfect so just fill up the cage with the Coco Bliss them put the sand on top mix it in with your hands and then put the bag of moss in and mix it and then start adding the accessories, plants, Etc.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The sand in the picture I believe will do but if you can don't use calcium sand. One or two bags will work, I would lay down the coco fiber and then add this on top and lately mix it in with your hands then do the same with the moss.
Hello again, Is there any brand of sand in particular you’d go with? From chewy or other?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hey, I just got back from Petco and Petsmart and they don’t have any sand without calcium. There are no local small business pet shops where I live either. I like to support the small businesses. I don’t mean to repeat myself but is there anyone you’d recommend for non-calcium sand
or is it safe to go with the calcium based sand?thanks as always

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey Silver dragons, if you’re there, in a biotank how often should you water the soil and how moist should it be?thanks

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What’s your opinions on, for lack of a better term, bio tanks like below. Difficult to maintain? Would a dragon feel at home? What plant life is safe?etc. thanks much.
View attachment 21951
Are the leaves fake or real? You don’t want him eating it. And like someone else said I would put something else down not miss.... we don’t want him attempting to eat anything that is fake and looks real. Maybe add a hammock of some sort. Or a climbing tree. Mine LOVES the climbing tree I bought him