• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best Veg for Daily feeding?

Beardy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys, just wondering what veg is best and safe to give my beardie on a daily basis.
I've read some contradicting stuff on kale so unsure on this.
Also know that grated carrot and small amounts of apple and red cabbage mayby once a week. But not really sure what else to give her.
Had her since Monday and been feeding her bugs and leaving watercress and small pieces of red pepper in her food bowl with a little sprinkle of calcidust.
Would like to change it up and give her more
IMG_20191123_164446.jpg
variety :)!

Beardy

Bearded Dragon Egg
She's rouggly around 2-3 years old we adopted her from a pet shop, as she was just sittin in the back not really being given any love.
Weve had her 2 weeks now, she has been doing really well, except she barely touches her veg that I notice, she jumps at the chance of any bug. I think the pet shop have just filled her on bugs as she's a wee chubbs, what can I do to encourage her to eat more veg?

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Just keep offering, and try different kinds and also different formats - for example, all chopped small, or cut into strips (think worm-shapes), etc. There's a great list at beautifuldragons.com/nutrition for ideas of what foods to try. And be patient. Some of them will ignore veggies and greens for a very long time (I have a parrotlet who took 18 months of daily offering of veggies before touching them!) but should eventually try them. You can also try putting a worm or two into the veggie dish, but my experience has been that they'll just pick those out.