• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best source of heating

buccaneer

Hatchling Dragon
Planning to get a PVC 4x2x2, I’m wondering what type of heating is best? There’s an option to get a hotspot for a lamp, I already have a heat panel though so I’m wondering if it’s worth the extra $65.

Would a heat panel be good enough or is a lamp preferable? If the lamp, for what reason?

I’ll have an additional 3ft 12% or 14% T5 Arcadia for UVB.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Whats the heat panel look like? Ive never heard of those being used in their care, ive used a lamp setting on top of my enclosure since my beardy was a baby and raised a happy n healthy dragon.

buccaneer

Hatchling Dragon
Whats the heat panel look like? Ive never heard of those being used in their care, ive used a lamp setting on top of my enclosure since my beardy was a baby and raised a happy n healthy dragon.
Like a regular heat panel, a white rectangle that you screw onto the ceiling of the tank. It’d be controlled by a thermostat, it’s 70W

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thats a good size , but Idk im just not finding anything about them being used for bearded dragons, but i also can’t find anything to say why it shouldn’t be used.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Planning to get a PVC 4x2x2, I’m wondering what type of heating is best? There’s an option to get a hotspot for a lamp, I already have a heat panel though so I’m wondering if it’s worth the extra $65.

Would a heat panel be good enough or is a lamp preferable? If the lamp, for what reason?

I’ll have an additional 3ft 12% or 14% T5 Arcadia for UVB.
As long as its a bright white bulb and keeps temps to what you need --- baby dragons 105-110 and adult / juvie 95-100--- you want a white bulb that has UVA -- your Arcadia 14% needs to be in the tank w/ a distance of 17-18 inches from basking decor directly over it --- if you use a 12% bulb it needs to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece

Latest posts