• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie sneezing/flinching (?) after eating greens, only licking instead of eating..?

lexrazvi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys,

First post on here. My beardie Kaiman does this thing where he quickly does a little quick shake after eating a bite of greens.. I'm worried he's allergic? He's always fine after eating them though, no irregular poops or anything. I also have trouble feeding him greens in general. I freeze them up in baggies to meal plan so they get kinda wet after defrosting. He really likes water (he licks the water in the bath and licks fruit) but doesn't actually eat the greens. Is there any way I can encourage him to eat them?

Thank you in advance,
Lex

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys,

First post on here. My beardie Kaiman does this thing where he quickly does a little quick shake after eating a bite of greens.. I'm worried he's allergic? He's always fine after eating them though, no irregular poops or anything. I also have trouble feeding him greens in general. I freeze them up in baggies to meal plan so they get kinda wet after defrosting. He really likes water (he licks the water in the bath and licks fruit) but doesn't actually eat the greens. Is there any way I can encourage him to eat them?

Thank you in advance,
Lex
Does he do this every time or intermittently ? I dont recommend freezing the greens -- you can keep greens in a ziploc bag rinse before serving -- he will get hydration from them -- I can keep greens in my veggie drawer for atleast 2 weeks--

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum :) Are the veggies cold when u give them to him? And what are u giving him? Also agree with sadie, ur killing the veggies by freezing them and they may not be the same bu the time he’s getting them.

lexrazvi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum :) Are the veggies cold when u give them to him? And what are u giving him? Also agree with sadie, ur killing the veggies by freezing them and they may not be the same bu the time he’s getting them.
:) they are cold but i let them defrost a little bit! i tried giving him them warm but he still wont bite. im giving him mustard and collard greens.
I didn't know that freezing the greens killed them, thank you for letting me know! I had just cut a lot so i thought it was a good idea. I'll be sure to replace them with fresh refrigerated greens.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
:) they are cold but i let them defrost a little bit! i tried giving him them warm but he still wont bite. im giving him mustard and collard greens.
I didn't know that freezing the greens killed them, thank you for letting me know! I had just cut a lot so i thought it was a good idea. I'll be sure to replace them with fresh refrigerated greens.
Some dragons just dont eat veggies , my girl is so fussy, i can only ever get her to eat one bite of something , and yea the water in the veg is Crystallizing and killing the structure of the veggies, im shure its fine, but i can tell a difference between fresh peas and frozen.