• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie not basking..?

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Good to see it's starting to come together mate, keep us updated. One thing though the distance from the UV tube may be too far when he is basking down there. Monitor the times he spends basking VS the time he spends on the log close to the fluoro. Nothing major it just might require a bit more adjustment depending on the results.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's looking much better. He's looking pretty happy and curious!

Andrewlloyd

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Red Ink AUS said:
Good to see it's starting to come together mate, keep us updated. One thing though the distance from the UV tube may be too far when he is basking down there. Monitor the times he spends basking VS the time he spends on the log close to the fluoro. Nothing major it just might require a bit more adjustment depending on the results.

Mmm, i was thinking about the same thing Francis,
He does spend alot of time on the log.. So i may have to adjust that with the basking spot.
Anyone got any ideas on how i could do that? As simple as moving it over a couple inches towards the basking spot?

Cheers

Andrewlloyd

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So Chace is still not baasking as much as i would like.

He does spend most of his time on the log under the UV light.
However, before i feed him, and afterwards i do tend to put him on his basking rocks, and he will stay there for a while flaterning out and soaking up the heat.
So im kinda trying to "coach" him in a way, lol that, that is what he needs to do.

If i just leave him be, he will stay on the branch most the day.. Altho it has been hot outside (up to 35C) so its hard to tell if that is why he isnt basking as much.

Temps are fine too..