• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie keeps inflating and deflating his beard?

Evelyn thorne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey yall. I am a first time owner. I got my beardie about 2 days ago, this morning i was giving him a treat by hand. Ive been doing this on and off since i got him, trying to get him to trust me enough to climb in my hand. But this morning he kept inflating and deflating his beard quickly. He wasn't being really aggressive or skittish he just did that a few times when i was petting his back (which he normally likes) and did a little beardie shuffle. He also did not take the food. Could it have been because he just woke up? Or could it be another cause. Like i said he wasnt aggressive and i backed off as i didnt want to stress him out but idk what it means hes always a really chill little dude.