• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

beardie is sick?

Eileen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,
I have a beardie between 3-4 years old, female, baby is her name.
All has been good up til now.
She is lethargic, when walking kinda falls on her side, she gets back up and tries to walk again, She barely ate today. She usually goes crazy for crickets only ate 3 she was slow to catch them with her tongue.

She is also basking quite a bit with her mouth open and looks like her neck is swollen, hard to explain, it looks as if she has a pouch under her chin (neck area) full of food, I also noticed a black spot ion her tongue not sure if that is normal.

I am very worried and don't want to lose her. I am sorry I have no pics will try to upload one tomorrow.
Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Are you able to bring her to a vet?
The basking/gaping don't necessarily sound like a problem, but the falling over is worrisome...