• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie identification

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
Hi guys, my friend got a new beardie from the pet store and it looks quite cool. I was wandering if you guys could identify it lol. It looks like a Leatherback, but how about coloration? I'm thinking maybe it's too small to tell

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
It looks to be a Leatherback. Idk about the colors though? Is it too young to tell?
8bbb394bb0d5bcdebca60d6cd9a1a6a3.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hard to tell from the picture if it's a leatherback or not but it looks to have larger scales than a leatherback has.. I have 3 and 1 is really rough and spiny, 1 that isn't really rough but still not a leatherback but smoother, then my last one is a leatherback he is smooth and has small scales.. I guess only time will tell how he/she develops.

The colors are really pretty!!

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
Hard to tell from the picture if it's a leatherback or not but it looks to have larger scales than a leatherback has.. I have 3 and 1 is really rough and spiny, 1 that isn't really rough but still not a leatherback but smoother, then my last one is a leatherback he is smooth and has small scales.. I guess only time will tell how he/she develops.

The colors are really pretty!!
Yeah I think it's too early to tell it's genetics lol and yes it has a very pretty color. I'm jealous [emoji23]