• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie hiding all day?

Evan Curry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im not sure if there is really anything wrong with my dragon, its just a little odd. Nothing has changed with his diet/lighting/temperatures. He eats normally everyday still, his appearance is normal, and hes as healthy as hes ever been as far as i can see. But for the past couple of weeks, hes no longer been in his normal basking spot, he lies underneath his hammock and plant so he is partly shaded but still getting light. He hasnt been fully basking in his normal spot. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Hes still active when i take him out, he eats fine, he sheds fine, nothing seems wrong with him. He just sort of hides all day instead of being in his normal basking area. The only time he goes there now is when i mist him and then after about 5 minutes of drying off he goes back to his little hiding place.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How old is he? My older girl likes to sit under her hammock all day or she will partial bask by putting her head on her basking spot and her body under her hammock.

Evan Curry

Bearded Dragon Egg
The warm side of the tank is about 95 degrees, id say the basking spot under the lamp is probably 105-110.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You could always try a lower wattage bulb bringing the temp down a few at a time and see what his basking behavior is.. My male often changes his basking behavior and when I raise/lower he goes back to normal... what I've done is I have 1" wood risers and 3" risers and just put his basking fixture on them and it works to raise/lower the temp just enough.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The warm side of the tank is a little too warm. Should only be around 80-85 degrees. He could be hiding himself to cool off a bit.