• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Gravid????!

Bad Decision

Hatchling Dragon
i dont know if im right but i think my girl might be GRAVID!!!!!!! i noticed a little less than a month ago. she has been digging in her tank, had an increase in appetite at first, and just recantly stopped eating. shes started to get defensive and wont let me pick her up without a fight and she trys to stay away from me.i can also feel what i think is her eggs and she is getting bigger. she is a year old and ive never paired her, but she might have infertile eggs and i dont know if i should prepare a lay bin for her to bury her eggs. im not even sure if im right. do bearded dragons go through prelay sheds? just curious because she might be in that if they do.
615255251 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 615255261.jpg
    615255261.jpg
    919.6 KB · Views: 8

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, that does sound like she is gravid I would prepare a lay box with Eco Earth or any Coco fiber for her.

P.S. also heat rocks are very bad for bearded dragons and can burn them.

Bad Decision

Hatchling Dragon
ok!! thx! i made sure the heat rock didnt get too hot before i gave it to her, and she already doesnt use it much, she likes her hammok more. i plan on geting her some eco earth and making her a lay box.

Bad Decision

Hatchling Dragon
i was wondering if it is OK to have her lay in fertilized soil? that's the only soil i have and i don't want to spend money on something that's not entirely necessary.