• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

beardie ate styrofoam

Buffalo97

Hatchling Dragon
the wall of my enclosure is styrofoam that’s paint and cut to look like rocks. when he is exploring, he sometimes rips the paint off the styrofoam. this is fine because he doesn’t eat the paint but i saw him attack the styrofoam today. he ate a very small amount of it. i immediately patched all the exposed styrofoam up, but i was wondering if i should give him something to help pass the styrofoam. i’ve heard squash, applesauce, and some kinds of prunes help. he seems to be okay but i was wondering what everyone thinks. thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the wall of my enclosure is styrofoam that’s paint and cut to look like rocks. when he is exploring, he sometimes rips the paint off the styrofoam. this is fine because he doesn’t eat the paint but i saw him attack the styrofoam today. he ate a very small amount of it. i immediately patched all the exposed styrofoam up, but i was wondering if i should give him something to help pass the styrofoam. i’ve heard squash, applesauce, and some kinds of prunes help. he seems to be okay but i was wondering what everyone thinks. thanks
He will be fine they have eaten a lot worse+ canned pumpkin unsweetened applesauce are good

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
Na

DragonM0M

Bearded Dragon Egg
Other people have already commented their advice so I wont touch on that, but we had to take the the Styrofoam out of our VIV because we feed our dragon in his VIV so he can safely hunt them (we are watching the whole time of course, and remove any bugs he doesn't get) and the crickets were able to get behind the Styrofoam and climb up out of the tank haha