• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon trouble laying clutch

Cashew

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yesterday my Western bearded dragon (I am from Western Australia) laid her first egg for her first clutch. She laid the egg at 6pm, 4 weeks after mating, in her lay box which she dug a hole in. However it has been over 24 hours since her last egg and I can feel 2 more (at least) inside of her. Western's are known to only lay 5 - 8 eggs since they are so small, so I am not sure how long it usually takes for a beardie to lay the whole clutch.

She is visibly straining and trying to push the eggs out, and when I feel her I have noticed that the eggs are slowly moving towards her vent. Should I make an appointment with my vet or just see how she goes for the next few days?

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yesterday my Western bearded dragon (I am from Western Australia) laid her first egg for her first clutch. She laid the egg at 6pm, 4 weeks after mating, in her lay box which she dug a hole in. However it has been over 24 hours since her last egg and I can feel 2 more (at least) inside of her. Western's are known to only lay 5 - 8 eggs since they are so small, so I am not sure how long it usually takes for a beardie to lay the whole clutch.

She is visibly straining and trying to push the eggs out, and when I feel her I have noticed that the eggs are slowly moving towards her vent. Should I make an appointment with my vet or just see how she goes for the next few days?
Hello, I don't have any experience with Western bearded dragons but in my experience bearded dragons normally lay all of their eggs within 24 hours. So if it were me I would schedule an appointment with a vet. Also I know it has been almost a week, how is she doing, did she lay all of her eggs?