• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon training and treats

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello all! I was thinking of training my 2 month old bearded dragon. I want him to respond to his name and learn to not beg for food. Any ideas on ways I can train him? And healthy treats I can use? And are there any ideas of what to teach him to learn? Thanks for reading this i hope I can get some help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, I've never been able to train a bearded dragon and most of the things you can "train" them aren't really training. But according to some people you can train them to to get their name called. So I would just suggest following these articles. The best thing I've taught my bearded dragons to do his come to the glass when I walk in the room but that's just because they want food. So good luck but I would not get your hopes up too high.

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello, I've never been able to train a bearded dragon and most of the things you can "train" them aren't really training. But according to some people you can train them to to get their name called. So I would just suggest following these articles. The best thing I've taught my bearded dragons to do his come to the glass when I walk in the room but that's just because they want food. So good luck but I would not get your hopes up too high.

Yeah I know lol. I wasn’t going to train him to jump through hoops or anything. Just how to respond to his name and learn his feeding times. And to eat his veggies first

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He most likely will learn his feeding times on his own, his name however, probably not. You might be able to do it but it would take forever. I've been calling my bearded dragon by her name, Flash, for almost 4 years now, and she doesn't respond to her name at all, she does know her feeding times though. Sadly, they're not as smart as dogs or even cats, so I wouldn't waste any time on it.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He most likely will learn his feeding times on his own, his name however, probably not. You might be able to do it but it would take forever. I've been calling my bearded dragon by her name, Flash, for almost 4 years now, and she doesn't respond to her name at all, she does know her feeding times though. Sadly, they're not as smart as dogs or even cats, so I wouldn't waste any time on it.
Dex has learned his feeding times. lol When I come up to his tank during those times he's ready and waiting. If I'm not quick enough getting him his bugs he'll actually eyeball the ground then look back at me, eyeball the ground then look back at me as if to say, "Well, where's my bugs?" hahahahaha Can't say he's learned his name, but when I talk to him and am not near his tank he'll turn his head trying to locate me. Don't think it's because he recognizes his name, more it's the sound of my voice as I talk to him constantly. Confused the heck out of poor Ozzy (our dog) when I got Dexter. Ozzy kept thinking I was talking to him. Jango (our cat) could care less. He mainly wants attention when his food dish is empty. hahahahahaha

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Zeus sometimes responds. I say zeus and make a kissing noise and he responds half the time.