• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon stressed after move

Jakobus

Bearded Dragon Egg
I moved houses a couple weeks ago and my bearded dragon seems stressed. Their colors are darker than usual, occasionally I'll see their eyes droop and they aren't eating or only eating a little bit. He is a little older than a year old so I think this could be brumation, but I find it a bit coincidental that it's occurring after I moved. Usually he would eat as many bsfl as I could give him and was always very excited to do so, but now he wont eat them if they're right in front of him. The last few months his poop has been pretty runny so could this be an illness that should be checked up on? Thanks for the help

Jakobus

Bearded Dragon Egg
I use Exo Terra Solar-Glo Vapor Lamp 160W. Its one of those heating and UVB bulbs. The basking temps are around 100 degrees and I measure with an infrared. I feed him around 20 black soldier fly larvae a day from Symptom BSFL as well as collard greens, green beans, pea pods and the very occasional grape or apple. He's very skiddish now, like I'll move my chair or go to get up and he'll jump. He's always watching me now. I have an appointment set up for him this Thursday

Jakobus

Bearded Dragon Egg
PAfJ6fm
https://imgur.com/a/PAfJ6fm I hate how adding pictures works on this site so heres thr url

Jakobus

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't think it's his reflection, he hasn't had any issues before the move, but I'm not opposed to putting things up. And he isn't puffing up at his reflection or doing any head bobs or anything so I doubt that is the cause of his stress.

I guess I mis-estimated how many bsfl we feed him I get 600 every 2 weeks so around 40 or so a day. But since he is a year old I'm trying to get him to eat more vegetables over insects. He looks more thin than he ever has been usually he looks quite well fed sometimes a little too well fed.

He has a habit of not pooping in his cage, or more so pooping whenever he comes out of his cage. It's like I've reverse potty trained him. I've been trying to reverse that but I think he's just holding it in until he can't anymore and then it is really runny. So I'm not sure if his loose poop is simply due to him holding it in or if there's a parasite. I'm worried that there could be a bug because I have noticed a few times there was indigestion which is why I'm going to get him checked up on.