• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon saliva around mouth

Technohead88

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi guys over the last couple of days I have noticed my Beardie has sometimes had a very small amount of saliva in the corners of his mouth. I was just wondering if this is normal or not? He is still eating/pooing as normal.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 544

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Is it coming out of his nose? Is he coughing or making any kind of noise? I think a small amount is nothing to worry about but if it's getting more and more and its coming out his nose and eyes and he seems "off" then it could be a respiratory infection.

I've never had a dragon with an RI. When we first got Luci he had what seemed to me to be too much mucous around his mouth, I upped the heat in his tank during the day and night for a few days and he was fine. Last year I had a similar incident with Dexter where she was making a noise and I thought it looked like too much mucous, I took her to the vet and she was fine. The noise she was making was just when she opens her mouth real wide.

Remember that that they go downhill fast so if you have any feeling that something isn't right, you should take him to the vet. Reptiles only really show signs of illness when they are already sick.

Technohead88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the reply. Hes not making any noises at all. And it seems to have stopped for now and he seems happy enough. Im just really paranoid as i had my female beardie die a couple of months ago of the adamino virus (however its spelt) and i know thats contegous and altho they were in seperate vivs they still had contact when they were out and about.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sorry for your loss, I'm sure it wasn't easy. I think if he would have caught it from her he would have gotten it already. I would just keep a close eye on him.

mflavin79

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie always has a lot of saliva on the corners of mouth but you only see it when she yawns really big other than that acts completely fine