• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon only basking in the morning for about 10 mins.

M

Masonbushell4664

Hi. My bearded dragon won’t bask during the day. I have a half log under the heat bulb and she never sits on it only around it. The temps are 42 degrees Celsius and if I turn the thermostat down the light just dimmed or goes off.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So I can’t do the conversion at the moment but adults need a lower basking temp. 98-102 degrees Fahrenheit is good for them. So that is probably why she is sitting next to her log instead of on it.

M

Masonbushell4664

So I can’t do the conversion at the moment but adults need a lower basking temp. 98-102 degrees Fahrenheit is good for them. So that is probably why she is sitting next to her log instead of on it.
Ok thank you I’ll will try get it a little lower. The only thing I’m confused about is that I have a dimming light and when I turn the thermostat down the light dims right down and then my beardy is getting no light.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Getting no light is a problem. Can you use a bulb without using a dimmer? I use a 50watt bulb in my adults tank without a dimmer and their temps are around 100 degrees fahrenheit.

M

Masonbushell4664

Getting no light is a problem. Can you use a bulb without using a dimmer? I use a 50watt bulb in my adults tank without a dimmer and their temps are around 100 degrees fahrenheit.
The light is currently on 98 Fahrenheit but the light is slightly dimmed. And also I brought the cage she is in now in April from my local reptile shop and the owner built it all for me so I don’t really know how to separate the bulb from the thermostat to stop it from dimming. But I might be getting either a 75 watt or 50 watt in the next day or two.

Adrian Davis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok thank you I’ll will try get it a little lower. The only thing I’m confused about is that I have a dimming light and when I turn the thermostat down the light dims right down and then my beardy is getting no light.

Try a clear white bulb 100 watts for a 40Gallon and above tank. Below 40 gallon try clear white 60-75W and test the temperature.

M

Masonbushell4664

Try a clear white bulb 100 watts for a 40Gallon and above tank. Below 40 gallon try clear white 60-75W and test the temperature.
I have got the temperatures down to 95 degrees and she likes that a lot more. I think she likes it a little colder.